Latest News and Reviews
News, Reviews, & More
Hot Off The PressUpdated:
Here are some of the exciting new Mahoney, Fleur, Carneros Ranch, & Redwood Empire reviews we've recently received:
- 2014 Mahoney Vineyards Pinot Noir Estate - Diamond Trophy - 2018 Sakura - Japan Women's Wine Awards
- 2014 Mahoney Vineyards Pinot Noir Estate - Best Wine for Asian Foods "Teppan Yaki" - 2018 Sakura - Japan Women's Wine Awards
- 2014 Mahoney Vineyards Pinot Noir Las Brisas Vineyard- Double Gold Medal - 2018 Sakura - Japan Women's Wine Awards
- 2016 Mahoney Vineyards Vermentino Estate - Gold Medal - 2018 Sakura - Japan Women's Wine Awards
- 2016 Carneros Ranch Chardonnay - Gold Medal - 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- 2015 Fleur Pinot Noir Monterey - Double Gold Medal - 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- 2015 Fleur Pinot Noir Monterey - Gold Medal - 2018 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2013 Fleur Petite Sirah North Coast - 90 Points - Editor's Choice - Wine Enthusiast - Nov. 2017 issue
Certified SustainableUpdated: 04/11/2018
We are continuing our work to maintain our Certified Sustainable Winegrowing certification. In fact, we have been lauded for being a prime example of how a Certified Sustainable winery/vineyard operates!
Harvest 2017Updated: 04/11/2018
The Harvest of 2017 was affected by three seperate and major factors: the 2016/2017 rains signaled the end of the 5 year long drought, the early September record-breaking heat wave, and the October Wine Country wild fires.
The winter rains gave the vines a vigor we haven't seen in years. Canopy management was much more of a concern than it had been for many years as a large canopy is the playground for molds, mildews, and viruses. Thankfully our crew was on top of their game and they headed off serious concerns before they became a problem.
The heat wave affected different vineyards in different ways. While the extreme heat helped many vintners battle Botrytis, many others had their grapes literally raisin on the vines. Again, our experienced team avoided the problems that plagued other vintners.
Finally the fires. We are thankful that we had all of our fruit harvested before the fires, and we are equally thankful for the hard work and dedication of both local and visiting first responders who kept the damage to a minimum. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who were not as fortunate as we were!